RE: Masters Program

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 18:08:13 PDT

Hi,
I have a masters in Art Education and a recent masters in Educational
Technology. I did a career shift from social studies and traditional art to
digital art and computer science. I am also looking towards a staff
development position in technology in the future.

If you are looking to shift subject areas or have a backup area in case of
art position budget cuts, look into areas that interest you that are core
subjects. If you planning to leave the public school classroom for admin or
university level in the future, then consider the leadership track.
Otherwise, do what you think will either open more doors in the future in
your current path or give you the greatest pleasure.

Alix E. Peshette
Technology Coordinator
former traditional art teacher - now art-techno geek
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA