Re: Masters Program

---------

From: Jerry & Mary B (gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 18:01:05 PDT

Sal
I started a program this fall from a school in Illinois- Olivet
Nazarene. It is a Masters in Education- Curriculm and Instruction. It is
an on- line program and I love it. I thought I had a great education
for my BA, but the information in these classes are great. Many are
based on Lee Canter courses. The cost is about $8,000. It is a lot of
work, but I feel I am a much stronger teacher. A Masters in Fine Arts
would be great too, but this is stuff that automatically transfers to
the classroom helps in so many ways.
MaryB

SPienschke@aol.com wrote:

>Does any art teacher have a masters degree in an area other that art education? I am looking into a program for a Masters in Teaching and Leadership but not sure how it would benefit me. I would get a small bump in salary, but not enough to justify taking out a 10,000 loan to cover the costs. Any suggestions or advice? I would greatly appreciate it.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Sal
>Western Springs IL.

---