Re: [ArtsEducators] Art Games needed

---------

From: Kimberly Hutts (kimberly_hutts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 19:04:36 PDT

- One of the games my kids seem to love is a group
drawing game. One person in selected to draw a line
or simple scribble on the board. Then they select
someone else to make their line/scribble into a
picture of something recognizable. I usually call up
two at a time, one boy and one girl, and set a time
limit of 5 seconds for the line/scribble and 30 sec. -
1 minute for the completion of the picture.

- Another is a version of "telephone" or maybe it's
called "operator." I play this when they are already
in line waiting for their teacher to pick them up. I
wisper a secret, usually something having to do with
art history, to the first person in line and they have
to wisper the secret down the line one person at a
time until it reaches the end. When it gets to the
last person I ask them to say the secret out loud. If
they get it wrong I ask the next person ahead in line
until someone gets it right. If their teacher comes
in before the message gets to the end of the line I
ask whomever received the message last to say it out
loud. I use the most exciting and unbelievable facts
that I can think of, so that they all say "Really?"
when I tell them "and it's all true."

- Sometimes we play "I Spy" using the art prints
around the room. I will select a specific print and
give them one clue at a time until the guess the
correct print. It's fun, but we usually only get
through one before they have to leave.

Well, that's about all I can think of for now. I hope
it helps.

Sincerely,
Kimberly