Re: periodicals

---------

From: jw (jmwjeann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 07:56:57 PDT

Thanks, all, for the suggestions re periodicals. There doesn't seem to
be a single 'best buy'. One of my seniors, after visiting a university
art department, told me that the students there said that highschool
 art students are out of touch with what is going on in the art world
today. I thought a good magazine might change that. Maybe there's an
informative (but safe) web site? J.

bbowen@cushingms.k12.ok.us wrote:

>Janella, I used to be kind of a snob about The Artists magazine until a parent
>gave me a stack of five year's worth and I got hooked. I agree that there is
>really outstanding and useful information in there, although also some pretty
>tacky bad painting in with the good stuff.

---