Re: fundraisers/silent auctions

---------

From: David Meadows (dmeadows_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 17:59:54 PDT

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:57:12 EDT, Nnaell@aol.com wrote:
>I am wondering, what kind of response your respective schools have
>had with
>silent auction fund raisers?  We are looking for a high grossing fun
>raiser
>and have never tried this.  I am thinking of something along the
>lines of a
>family picnic/fair/silent auction with entertainment (children's
>theater
>group or puppet show)
>
>What do any of you know about this?

Our silent auction takes place during education week along with French Cafe. It's a *huge* fundraiser (one of our biggest) ... what we do is have each class pick a theme for their 'basket' (e.g. Mother's Day, Father's Day, a night at the movies, gardening, etc.) and students bring in stuff. The parent council gets baskets and wraps each one up in clear cellophane and the baskets are displayed in the hallway on the night of French Cafe (there's a sort of general open house as well). The silent auction runs for a couple of hours and is always a big hit.

--
David Meadows, dmeadows@idirect.com on 04/11/2003
Libertas inaestimabilis res est.