Budget cuts

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 07:07:00 PDT

I got a memo just now telling me "1. There is no money" and I probably won't
get any supplies for next year. There are already fundraisers for every other
area of the school and for each elementary. I really don't see that one more
fundraiser will be productive.

It'll be ok. Parents will give me some stuff, but still.

OH, and we can not use our air conditioners, we can bring fans from home. This
is Oklahoma, do you think it will get hot? At least the new rule of keeping
our classroom doors shut and locked at all times will be lifted for this.

We have a good administration that I trust to do the best thing possible, so
that helps the most, but I'm wondering what it will take before the people of
our state decide that funding education is important.

---