Clay Slips and colorants...

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 04:53:19 PDT

Gettn' ready to make that requisition wish list before the slashing of the
mighty red pen again! hee heeee....and lookn' again to upgrade and keep
improving the department. We have Amaco engobes, and have been doing
alright with basic glazing, etc., but...I'm wanting to give the students the
experience of applying simple clay slips to the greenware stage to fire for
bisque. Would a few of you have simple easy to follow instructions and
recipes for some basic clay slips? For example...when they say to add "ball
clay" they are talking about the clay right out of the barrel basically,
aren't they?

As I am looking thru my Amaco and Continental Clay catalogues, I'm trying to
figure out what I should order. I didn't see in the later catalog any
premade slip powders or anything. Thanks...

Larry Seiler

My website, featuring both my artistic and musical personalities-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

Member of NAPPAP-
http://nhstudios.com/NAPPAP/NAPPAPFrameSet.html
"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---