Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: No child left behind - overcrowding

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 17:38:23 PDT

Overcrowding and failure rate have been on my mind
lately. I've had a least three very bright students
who have eventually admitted to me they are repeating
6th grade. I am so upset becuase I also recently
found out the statistics on students who fail and the
correlation to dropping out.

Does anyone know of any research on overcrowded class
size and dropout ratio?

--- Aaron Hopkins <> wrote:

> And don't think that this new act won't have an
> impact on the high
> schools! The kids won't be able to graduate if they
> don't succeed in
> the four years they are there! That could mean
> larger class sizes and
> overcrowding if that becomes a trend.

Do you Yahoo!?