RE: No child left behind - overcrowding

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 17:38:23 PDT

Overcrowding and failure rate have been on my mind
lately. I've had a least three very bright students
who have eventually admitted to me they are repeating
6th grade. I am so upset becuase I also recently
found out the statistics on students who fail and the
correlation to dropping out.

Does anyone know of any research on overcrowded class
size and dropout ratio?

Dawn