Medeavil Door knockers and thanks from hong kong

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 08:15:49 PDT

I do a unit on Door knockers of the middle ages. We look at doorknockers and
gargoyles for inspiration. We use cardboard for the base, newspaper and
papier mache and lots of masking tape. Each knocker needs a stone for the
knocker and a stone for the base where the knocker makes contact. We paint
them all black then rub on some silver or copper paint on the highlighted
areas. It is great fun and they love making the scarey faces. These are
actually functional and many of the students take them home to hang on their
bedroom doors. I have done this with grade 7 and even with grade 4 and the
results were great since know one cares if the faces are slightly distorted
since it is a gargoyle type face. thanks to all of you who responded to me (
Catharine in Hong Kong) with the on line lesson plans and prayers as well.
Things are still a bit frightening over here with 30-50 new cases of
atypical pneumonia everyday and 2 or 3 deaths daily. If you'd like to know
more contact me at catharineho@hotmail.com

No masks required! Use MSN Messenger to chat with friends and family.
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/25382.asp

---