Re: No child left behind

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 05:06:28 PDT

> 1. How many art classes do you teach?
I prep for 13 different lessons, teach 7 classes a day

> 2. How much time do you spend with each class?
K-6 = 30 min. 2X week
7-12 = 90 min. 2X week, 45 min. 1X Week

> 3. How much planning time do you have per week?
45 min. daily per negotiated agreement

> 4. If you have been at your school for multiple
> years, has this schedule changed (for reasons other
> than a growing poplutaion)?
Yes - it has changed with each new administrator, as well as building
changes -
7-8 moved into the high school for 2 years and I had them on rotation, we
built a
new MS and I am now an elective

> 5. Dou you participate in any other teaching
> responsibilities that are not art related (ex.
> literacy, tutoring, etc. )? Please describe.
Not this year, but I was also librarian for the primary building for 4
years, and may
be again next year

> 6. Has your administration discussed the new federal
> policy, NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND, with your faculty?
> Yes.

> 7. Do you think this policy has or will effect your
> art program? How?
I am required to help teach what will be assessed since funding depends upon
test scores

~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids