1. How many art classes do you teach?
20 different classes k-5 classes per 4-day week.
2. How much time do you spend with each class?
kdg.- 30 min per wk. The other 17 classes get 30 min. per week, plus another
30 min. every other quarter. Another words, they get 30 min. for 2 quarters
and 60 min. for 2 quarters, but the 60 min. are at 2 different periods.
3. How much planning time do you have per week?
40 min. perday (4 days).
4. If you have been at your school for multiple
years, has this schedule changed (for reasons other
than a growing poplutaion)?
Yes, It changed this year because of funding problems.
It will change next year because of No Child Left Behind, changes in funding,
and DECLINING enrollment.
5. Dou you participate in any other teaching
responsibilities that are not art related (ex.
literacy, tutoring, etc. )? Please describe.
Yes, see next question.
If you answered yes, how much time per week do you
Next year, IF we get the NCLB grant, and IF the tax measures pass, I will go
back to full time, but my first hour every day will be teaching reading.
6. Has your administration discussed the new federal
policy, NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND, with your faculty?
7. Do you think this policy has or will effect your
art program? How?
If we get the funding (tax measures pass in May), the measure will not affect
my art time with the kids.
If we don't, there will be NO ART (or music, or PE, or library or SAC) at
Please feel free to make any other comments about
It's another knee-jerk piece of legislation passed by idiots who don't know
the 1st thing about reading or teaching diverse populations