Re: No child left behind

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 13:20:18 PDT

SURVEY

>1. How many art classes do you teach?
 6 per day right now

>2. How much time do you spend with each class?
42 minutes

>3. How much planning time do you have per week?
42 minutes a day

>4. If you have been at your school for multiple
>years, has this schedule changed

The number of periods hasn't changed, but the time we have kids has. When I first came to my district we had 6th graders on a 6 day rotation, 2 days on then new kids the next two and so on. It then switched to 12 weeks and now it is on semester schedule. 8th graders went from a 9 weeks course to a semester course.

>5. Dou you participate in any other teaching
no

>responsibilities that are not art related (ex.
>literacy, tutoring, etc. )? Please describe.
>
>If you answered yes, how much time per week do you
>spend?

>6. Has your administration discussed the new federal
>policy, NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND, with your faculty?
>
>No
>

>7. Do you think this policy has or will effect your
>art program? How?
Yes! With the ever looming test and shifting of monies we will see cuts coming up I'm sure. With the "overinclusion" or "overmainstreaming" of special education without providing aides we will be drastically affected. (for instance, having 16 out of 28 students with special needs, some severe)

>Please feel free to make any other comments about
>NCLB.
Our district isn't one of the wealthiest or the poorest and even small cuts will affect us greatly.

Jancy Cossin

Walnut Springs Middle School