RE: No child left behind

---------

From: Ramos, Myriam (MRamos_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 11:15:37 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessie Starman [mailto:jastarman@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 1:50 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: No child left behind

Survey

1. How many art classes do you teach?
 3 a day, 6 per block
2. How much time do you spend with each class?
        85 min
3. How much planning time do you have per week?
        355 hours a week
4. If you have been at your school for multiple
years, has this schedule changed (for reasons other
than a growing poplutaion)?
Yes, because we finally have a sequential curriculum.

5. Dou you participate in any other teaching
responsibilities that are not art related (ex.
literacy, tutoring, etc. )? Please describe.

No

If you answered yes, how much time per week do you
spend?

6. Has your administration discussed the new federal
policy, NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND, with your faculty?

No

7. Do you think this policy has or will affect your art program? How?

Not much because by the time they get to high school they should have the
skills need to succeed.

Please feel free to make any other comments about
NCLB.