Re: Kiln problems with mid fire white clay

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 05:00:41 PDT

Thanks Linda and Barb...

I was thinking it might have to be moisture, though they seemed pretty bone hard. I did also place them on the top shelf...but, next time I'll have 'em sit a few more days past the time they appear dry. I'll try to prop the lid 'till about 1,000 degrees, and set it at slow speed too which might expedite any slight additional drying needed at time of firing.

Larry

---