Re: No child left behind

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 18:31:33 PDT

Jessie -

Great research topic & I'm sure we'd love to hear the
results. I have been reading the NAEA article "No
Subject Left Behind" that states that art is
considered a core subject and that there is funding
still tied to the legislation - it is geared towards
research based programs and other specific types of
programs. I haven't been able to get through all of
it, yet.

I think that gist of this 16 page report is being
missed in the scramble to implement the 1,000 page
original document "No Child..." The arts may be a
core subject, but my department has been cut and no
child left behind sited. Plus the fact I was the last
hire...

Again - Please share your findings with us or if you
find any literature of interest, I'd appreciate
hearing about it (the good and the bad.)

Dawn

leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu