Re: Medieval

---------

From: jw (jmwjeann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 17:13:29 PDT

Well at last something I can contribute to -- I do a unit in my Fine
Arts Survey course (which is really not studio but maybe you can adapt),
and my students create tissue paper artworks with black construction
paper framework -- sort of imitation stained glass-- 18 x 24" and
absolutely gorgeous. They experiment with layering several pieces of
tissue to obtain subtle color differences. (Some are so pleased with
the results that they sandwich them between two pieces of plexiglass and
hang them at home.) They also create 'illuminated monograms' (14 x 14)
which must include their three ititials, fanciful or realistic subject
matter, and significant use of interlacing (reference--Book of Kells).
 They can use prismacolors, markers, or black ink and watercolor. They
also have a paper mosaic option (Ravenna inspired), but I'm almost
embarrassed to mention that -- even though some of the results are quite
beautiful. J.

--
http://shopnow.netscape.com/
---