Re: Google Searches and phone #'s

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 15:49:48 PDT

This was on the news the other day. It gives basically the same information
that your telephone book does.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I just recieved a memo from my district concerning the use of a Google
Search to find a phone #. Apparently, you can now type in a phone # and it
will not only list your name and address, but also provides a Mapquest link
which gives directions directly to your house!
> I tried it with several #'s I know...the private ones did not come
up...but other numbers gave me the listing and directions! This is a little
scary to say the least.
> To see if your name and number come up, type in your phone # on the
search bar using dashes such as 555-555-5555. If your name comes up, it
means that it is in the database. You should then click on the telephone
icon which will lead you to a place where you can remove your name.

---