Google Searches and phone #'s

---------

From: Kara LiCausi (klicausi_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 05:33:45 PDT

Hello Everybody,
   I just recieved a memo from my district concerning the use of a Google Search to find a phone #. Apparently, you can now type in a phone # and it will not only list your name and address, but also provides a Mapquest link which gives directions directly to your house!
   I tried it with several #'s I know...the private ones did not come up...but other numbers gave me the listing and directions! This is a little scary to say the least.
   To see if your name and number come up, type in your phone # on the search bar using dashes such as 555-555-5555. If your name comes up, it means that it is in the database. You should then click on the telephone icon which will lead you to a place where you can remove your name.
    Please pass this info on to family and friends.
Thanks,
Kara in Northport

---