RE: Suggestions for a successful Clay Doumbek?

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 21:23:25 PDT

Hi Larry,
I have a ceramic doumbek done by a regional artist. I took a look and it
seems to have been thrown in one piece. I've been interested in drums and
ethnic percussion for some time and collect ideas. I've come across another
form of ceramic drum called an Udu. There are fairly complete instructions
for building them at:

http://www.drumdojo.com/world/india/udu_ghatam.htm

Alix E. Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA

"There are three ways to get something done:
1. Do it yourself
2. Hire someone
3. Forbid your students to do it"