Sun / Blueprints

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 20:02:35 PDT

I finally got around to experimenting with this
process over the weekend.

I opted for the prepared blueprint paper from a local
co - mostly because it was my first attempt and they
gave me free paper to play with. (A&E Graphics 100 -
24x36 sheets for $40) It is not too light sensitive,
so it can be cut down and is easy to manage.

I shaded the area I was working on from the sun while
I worked on the comp. It exposes very quickly - it
turns from yellow to white, so you know when its done.

To develop the image I put a shallow pan of amonia
inside of a larger plastic tub that had a lid - this
kept the fumes in. I rested the paper over the amonia
pan for a couple of minutes and that was all. The tub
does not have to be light proof either - it seemed OK
in the shade.

Definitely cheaper than the prepacked paper, but it is
probably thinner. Then again- I got to make larger
images...

I'm planning to do this with my students Friday,
weather permitting.

I love taking them outside!!

If something is unclear or you want more info let me
know. Dawn