Re: 5th grade camp ideas?

---------

From: Teresa Holt (artlady1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 17:24:22 PDT

-------Original Message-------

From: ArtsEdNet Talk
Date: Monday, April 07, 2003 6:34:29 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: 5th grade camp ideas?
 Our 5th graders also attend camp...but since ours are basically "city
slickers" ...we take advantage of the outdoors to do a drawing lesson. We
take our drawing boards and charcoal for a foreground, middle ground, and
background drawing of the great outdoors. This usually includes
rocks/grasses (foreground), cabins/mess hall (middle ground) and trees/woods
(background). Messy but gives the students a different place to draw than
the school campus. Actually I have each class of students, once during the
week for a three hour session. We usually build a huge campfire to sit
around and draw. The kids really seem to enjoy it.
Teresa

IMSTP.gif