Re: Perspective thru windows

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilensk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 17:17:39 PDT

Hi,
I have an idea that could work in your situation: Use scrap plexiglass sheets to
draw on. I used to teach a pretty successful project to adults trying to learn
perspective by sending each into the halls of the high school with a 9x12 sheet of
plexiglass and either a grease pencil or a sharpie marker. They simply draw or
trace what they see! Later, you could discuss these or place them on an overhead
and project the work onto a piece of paper for further development. Another, modern
approach would be to scan them into a computer and develop them from there. I used
old plexi from framing projects gone bad that had scratches or other blemishes on
them for this project. I see no reason why overhead acetate wouldn't work if you
could support it somehow for drawing. If you are near a window anyway, simply place
the acetate on the window and draw directly. Hope this helps.
Jerry

---