Re: plans for board games?

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 11:37:55 PDT

I don't have it because I don't teach it or have those texts anymore.
What I did what cover many chapters in the book (each a different culture)
by dividing into groups of 4 - each group came up with a plan to be
approved. They had to make a game for at least 4 players, 20 minutes of
play time, fact based, interactive (not puzzles or crosswords), reflective
of the art and culture studied. They had two days to research and see
what they could find (lots out there). I gave them full range of
materials, clay, paper mache, etc - they worked on the game board and
pieces for about 3 days. Each game had to have rules on paper and a
scoring system. On the "play day" we put the games out and students had
to move about and play at least 4 games - each one had a supervisor for
one play period who signed their score sheet. It was lots of fun.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---