Re: Cover tables for clay?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 06:27:37 PDT

We use real clay from mother earth but rather than cover the
tables I have a cart full of old drawing boards. Each board is covered
with outdated discarded maps. We cut them up and attached them
map side down with a staple gun to the wooded drawing boards.
As each student comes in to class they get a board before getting
out their sculpture. They must work on the board. Keeps the mess
off the tables and contains the area they work in so they don't
tend to spread out so much. It's an idea I got from visiting a
Montessori School years ago. Each child played with one toy or
game at a time on a carpet sample. Works well for me.
                                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15