Re: Cover tables for clay? air dry clay, I stopped using it due to cracking...l

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 06:24:00 PDT

Hi All,
 I stopped using air dry clay the past few years due to the cracking
problems. I would like to hear any suggestions as to how to stop this from
happening. I had 4th graders building coil pots, they rolled the coils out
to be at least as thick as their pointer finger. We rolled bases, slipped
and scored, we pressed together the coils also. I just couldn't take their
little faces when the things fell apart or cracked apart.
 Maybe someday the kiln fairy will land on my school and we can do "real "
clay pots !! with glazes and all that " professhunal " artist like stuff.
:) Up to my ears in Model Magic projects
Christine Besack :)