Easter project

---------

From: cs_pbailssaelzler (cs_pbailssaelzler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 08:26:24 PST

Here's a question for those "crafty" art people. I'm teaching a high school
level Arts & Crafts class and am planning to try decorating Pysanka (Ukrainian
eggs). My students are kids who like crafty stuff but don't have a lot of
skill so I usually try to simplify techniques. Has anyone tried to draw the
wax designs on eggs using a tool other the tradition kistka? We will use
beeswax. How about fine brushes - which I know will be ruined by the wax but
in the time allotted I know we won't be able to develop a good technique.
Also, while some are waxing, I planned to have others work on a basket for the
eggs. Last year (?) I saw an episode of "Rosie" on which she was taught by a
crafty lady to make a basket by forming tissue paper over a balloon using Mod
Podge for the medium. I tried (unfortunately with bleeding tissue - yellow
hands) but it wasn't stiff enough. Any thoughts on this?? Thanks in advance
for any suggestions.

Patricia

---