Re: Cover tables for clay?

---------

From: Amy (ashapley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 23:05:32 PST

on 4/3/03 7:08 PM, Fran Legman at flegman@comcast.net wrote:

> I will be working with air dried clay (for the first time) with an entire
> elementary school. Do any of you have a good way to cover tables? Also, a
> good way to store projects for a week and keep them moist?
>
> Fran in NJ
>

> ---

i do this all the time. i cover the tables with the bulletin board paper on
rolls. i know it seems expensive, but it lasts and works wel.. you can
also work on newspaper on TOP of the baord paper to make it last longer.

i have the kids bring in ice cream containers with lids...or large cottage
cheese/sour cream, etc containers. i also ask my local coffeeshop (easy
because i work there on weekends and after school) for the containers they
get things like muffin batter, sour cream, etc, in. then each kid gets one
and they save the work in them. i re-use them each year.

---