Elementary Class Load help needed

---------

From: Christine Merriam (ktownart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 13:59:23 PST

Hi
The principal of my building (Intermediate grades 3-5,
500+ students), and the principal of the Primary
school (grades k-2, 450+ students) have concocted a
plan to share me and a music teacher next year. I am
to teach one semester at the Intermediate School,
second semester at Primary School. I will teach 40
minute periods. (right now I teach 50 minute periods).
This is almost 1000 students. I have NO curriculum or
materials for the primary grades.

 How many students do you see? For how long?

Any wisdom, suggestions would be most appreciated. I
feel like this is a lose - lose situation for the
students... but, I am one lone voice.

Thanks for your brilliant ideas!

Christine Merriam
Kayenta Intermediate School