Re: Pages updated

---------

From: David Meadows (dmeadows_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 17:58:14 PST

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:43:26 -0600, The Austin's wrote:
>I just added a page on my student's altered books.  What has excited
>me as a teacher is that these book pages are not from my "star"
>students.
>http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/highschool/sculpture/ab_students.
>html .  They are really putting alot of emotion into them.

Okay ... I'm officially interested now (for 'next year' purposes). Can someone give me an idea of the whole idea behind altered books. Is there a webpage which goes into depth on history etc. of such things? Has anyone ever done them at the Middle School level? What sort of books do you start with, etc.? I've found a pile of websites with really interesting examples, but I'd like to see more (this is kind of like photoshop without the photoshop!)

--
David Meadows, dmeadows@idirect.com on 04/02/2003
(who, coincidentally, to link with another thread, has figured out how to 'Lichtenstein' in photoshop ... I'm close to 'Lautrecing' as well ... I'll post a link to a gallery when I'm done)