Re: artsednet digest: April 01, 2003

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 04:32:48 PST

on 4/2/03 2:00 AM, ArtsEdNet Talk digest at artsednet@lists.pub.getty.edu
wrote:

> Subject: Minneapolis people
> From: <Renee.Berg@k12.sd.us>
> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:48:25 -0600
>
> Any construction we should be aware of as we drive into Minneapolis? We =
> are coming in on I-35 from the South, from Sioux Falls SD and staying at =
> the Hilton downtown... and is it pretty easy to get off of 65 N onto =
> 11th? Any little tricks I should know? Do you know if the Hilton has a =
> parking garage or where the nearest one is?=20
> Just a Hick trying to get directions
> Bergie
The Hilton has an underground garage at $12 per day and the Convention
Center has outside lot parking for $7 per day. There are also lots of area
parking lots around as well. Over 2000 spaces I read somewhere in NAEA's
literature.

Construction appears to be minimal right now - no major tie-ups. Some
construction continues through downtown with the construction of the light
rail line that will go to the Mall and the airport at some point, but that
doesn't seem to be too big of a deal on a daily basis.

Normal traffic patterns around rush hour are a pain, but there's not much
one can do about those.

Kevan

---