RE: arts and sciences teaming up

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 13:49:20 PST

Just thought I would add to the arts/sciences comment. I just was awarded a
Grant for $1,800 from the Contra Costa Water District (this is our county)
to do a tile mural on the side of our school, with the focus being Kellogg
Creek, which runs by our school, and is our main source of water in our
Farming population. The kids will be going to the creek, identifying plant,
insect and animal life at the creek. Doing quick sketches, and some
scientific observations about the creek's healthy or not so healthy state.
Then, they will design a ceramic tile, using glaze pencils and glazed
dripped through small needle-like bottles, I will fire them, and then
eventually hang them on the outside wall of my art room.
Ta-daaaaa!
Kathy Tickner
(still "pink-slipped", but waiting til may 15 when state budget is done)