Re: classroom organization

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 05:05:23 PST

I've seen many good ideas thus far. For my intermediate classes (I have 3
rooms), I assign each grade a color. They all have sketchbooks with their
class colors for the cover. I have shelves beside my desk, and for each
class I have a pop flat. The front of the pop flat has the same colored
paper and the grade written across the front. I keep everything needed for
the current lesson in the pop flat. If I have cut paper to size, that paper
is stored in there. Visuals (if small enough) go underneath. Handouts,
books, etc all go inside. If I unexpectedly have a sub and it is something a
sub can do all supplies are there. I also have a sub folder on my desk with
worksheets, color sheets, etc. for emergency use.

This is my first year in the high school to not share a room, so I'm looking
for different organization techniques for that room. This was a good thread
to have right now as the time to close down the classrooms is quickly
approaching! :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids