Re: I'd love you to share......

---------

From: sbacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 21:03:49 PDT

Jane.

Feeling guilt for not doing artwork during my freetime shares space on that same
Road of Good Intentions that is the home of, "I need...to send that info back to
Sky, to get all those projects and lessons plans out of piles and into folders, to
take time out and write notes or e-mails to all my old friends and reconnect, need
to finish those memory books for my kids before their stuff is lost or brittle from
age, to finish writing the cookbook and children's books I started so long ago, to
finish decorating my house and unpack the boxes in the basement from our move three
years ago...GUILT?!

This is just the first few feet -- this road goes on for miles! I didn't even get
into all the things I want to do for my family! Did I mention things for myself?

I struggle with making time to exercize regularly. Maybe that's the clue. I'm just
not disciplined enough to manage my time wisely? When I grow up, maybe I will get
a handle on it. I keep thinking that when I retire, I will have plenty of time.
But all the retired folks I know are busier now than when they were working
fulltime!

I'm not quite so bad as I used to be, there has been progress. But, when you figure
out how to get rid of the guilt, share with me, okay?

Sandy

Jane Altshuler wrote:

> Why do we feel shame that when we are not doing our artwork?
> I'd love to get over the guilt. Jane

---