Re: Dried out clay

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 20:21:56 PDT

If you are willing to work some, your clay can be reconstituted. The best
way to start reconsituting clay is to let it get BONE dry, then break it
up in chunks and put it in water to cover. Let it slake down for a few
days and then drain the water off the top and let it start to firm up.
When the clay starts to be like slurry, you can lay it out on plaster and
let it soak up more of the water, then rewedge it. THis is most easily
done with a pug mill, but you can do this by hand. Frankly, if it was only
a couple of bags, I'd just kiss it goodbye and start over with new bags!
I have so much to do this time of year, there's no way I'd be making or
finding time for that! But then, I've done it before and know how much
work it is! Especially without a pug mill.

---