Need to find $$$

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 18:48:32 PDT

One of my former students (she is a freshman this year) was recently accepted to Interlochen Center for the Arts as a sophomore for next year. I encouraged her to apply as she is the most incredible middle school student I have ever had in twelve years of teaching.
The problem, $$$ of course. She was awarde $18,000 in scholarship, but will need another $10,500 for tuition and about $1,500 for supplies and fees. For the past two weeks, I have been writing letters and talking to people about coming up with the money. (She comes from an incredibly depressing background).
Any of you have ideas on funding?

---