Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: I'd love you to share......

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 10:41:07 PDT

I've always loved art but never really thought I could do it as a career
until I received a small art scholarship and changed my major to art
therapy. When I discovered there was no art therapy degree in NC at the
time, I changed to art education planning to do graduate work in art

In my teacher prep classes at ECU, I observed Billy Stinson at Rose High
School is as hyper-active and technology-crazy as I am. Because his kids
were so fantastic I decided to teach until I become tired of it or burnt out
and then I would pursue something else art related. I'm tired sometimes but
never tired of it. I still think about what I want to do when I grow up...
museum education, higher education, astronaut (just checking if you were
paying attention).

Though I've been in my house for almost a year now, I still haven't spent as
much time painting in my studio as I thought I would. I'm still addicted to
my computer. I really enjoy photo-manipulation and web design. I'm working
on a handmade book for my grandparents 60th anniversary with a million
images in Photoshop. I also love to read, make jewelry, hike with the hubby
in the beautiful mountains in NC, and work in the yard.

Michelle Harrell