Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: I'd love you to share......

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 10:01:24 PDT

i became an art teacher because i loved working with people and art.
during the summer (and year round) i do very little art wise...i keep
dabbling in new things (which is my favorite). getting ready to work
with airbrush stuff, just got off a watercolor kick and rebuilding a
house keeps me busy.

>>> 04/29/02 08:44PM >>>
In a message dated 4/29/02 3:44:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

> .....if you will. How did you choose to become an art teacher? And,
when the
> school day or year is over, what do you do for yourself, artwise.
> Alex

I started out going for a nursing degree. A college counselor tested us
professions and aptitudes in certain fields and I found I had ability
teach and be an artist. I was 16 when I entered college and it wasn't
hard to
persuade me to change my major...since I would have to live at the
with a bunch of girls. The boys dorm was on campus near the student
lounge. I
was too young to retire as a coed. It paid off. I met my husband

BTW, I did get a nursing degree 18 years later. Then returned to
art. Still married to the guy I met at age 16! Presently, I paint and
juried exhibitions all around the country and have had my work
published in 3
books. So, art wins!