casting hands

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 17:56:57 PDT

Gelato
We just finished doing the molds. But in the past I have also had trouble with
air pockets. I have tip the hands, thin the plaster ,and tapped for air pockets,
but sometimes I still get them. I do "nuke "them for wax in tough places , but
not for long.
I use Weldbond for broken fingers, but the plaster must be very dried out.
maryB

wjb wrote:

> gregjuli@execpc.com wrote:
> Hi Mary and any other Netter that has done hand casts.
> Did you have any trouble getting the wax off? We've uncast several now and
> found thet the plaster did not fill all the fingers fully. I nuked the last 2
> we uncast today just to soften the wax between the fingers which were shaped
> in the form of an "O". Is this something you cannot do?
> Mixed the plaster a little thinner and tapped out lots of bubbles this time.
> Be anxious to unmold but the plaster is taking forever to dry in this
> weather. Any way of reattaching fingers?
>
> thanks,
> Gelato

---