Re: I'd love you to share......

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 17:44:42 PDT

In a message dated 4/29/02 3:44:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Tajd0291@aol.com
writes:

> .....if you will. How did you choose to become an art teacher? And, when the
>
> school day or year is over, what do you do for yourself, artwise.
>
> Alex

I started out going for a nursing degree. A college counselor tested us for
professions and aptitudes in certain fields and I found I had ability to
teach and be an artist. I was 16 when I entered college and it wasn't hard to
persuade me to change my major...since I would have to live at the hospital
with a bunch of girls. The boys dorm was on campus near the student lounge. I
was too young to retire as a coed. It paid off. I met my husband there.

BTW, I did get a nursing degree 18 years later. Then returned to teaching
art. Still married to the guy I met at age 16! Presently, I paint and enter
juried exhibitions all around the country and have had my work published in 3
books. So, art wins!

Marsh

---