Re: AP Studio Art

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 17:37:01 PDT

In a message dated 4/29/02 1:24:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RebeccaStoneDanahy@fcds.org writes:

> I have thought about having the seniors paint a ceiling tile as a way to
> leave their legacy. It would definitely add flair to my room!
>
> Becky in NC
>
> We have been doing ceiling tiles as a final exam, since '96. Now, my room
> is full. Kids come back to visit and look for their tile. I have 17 seniors
> in art this year and am arranging for other teachers to "volunteer" their
> rooms for some tiles.

       It is a tradition I will change slightly next year. In order to have a
tile, they will > need to have 2 years (at least) in my art classes. We use
> acrylic paint and most are outstanding. I buy the smooth ceiling tiles.
> They do take up a lot of room when working. I am also considering doing
> cement stepping stones.

Here's a hint. Have the kids predraw their idea for you and screen it with
the guidance counselor for gang symbols and drug symbols, then cross-check
when it is done. The kids install their own tile in order to get their final
grade.

Marsha, counting down the days 'til the end.

---