Re: I'd love you to share......

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 17:39:25 PDT

In a message dated 04/29/2002 3:44:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Tajd0291@aol.com writes:

> .....if you will. How did you choose to become an art teacher? And, when the
>
> school day or year is over, what do you do for yourself, artwise.

I'm an artist who loves kids so it felt natural to become art art teacher. I
have a BFA in Art Education and a MA in Communications plus 75 credits.

Artwise when the school day is over I am involved with Long Island Art
Teachers' Association activities, coordinate art workshops for the art
teachers on Long Island for personal and professional growth in art and art
ed. On the week-ends I paint. Non- artwise: I hit Gold's Gym after school
for serious working out, play with my 15 mo. old granddaughter, and sometimes
go shopping for therapy. I also socialize with my friends and party a lot!

In the summer I always do some kind of personal art enrichment- finding an
interesting way, and especially an exciting place, in which to paint or
create art. I do a lot of travelling out of the country in the summer and
this always includes plein air painting for me!
Susan on Long Island

---