Re: I'd love you to share......

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 13:25:25 PDT

I actually become an art teacher when looking for another job. I walked
into a small school 17 years ago looking for teachers aide job. Didn't
have my certification nor ever thought about being a teacher. I had a lot
of art hours from my interior design degree. They needed an art teahcer.
I went back to school and taught full time. Three years later I got my
certification here in Texas. I have been teaching ever since.

What do I do in the summer, lock myself in my studio. It seems this is
the only time I can begin and complete something. I sometimes do projects
that my students will do during school. I have a yarn painting, using the
smallest yarn I can find, that hope to finish this year.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org
jab1997@bryanisd.org