Re: Flying Pterodactyls - dinos

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 06:37:06 PDT

 Thanks Roberta-everything went great-even my cardiologists2 boys were in the class!!!
  Rdunkelart@aol.com wrote: Flying Pterodactyls - can be any size.

Ok now put on your super visual hat as I don;t have any pictures to send.
Take
two colors -9 x 12 sheets of construction paper. Fold it on the diagonal to
make a square. Cut extra paper away so that you now have two squares.- folded
triangles.
Now fold one side to the middle fold. Fold the other side to the middle fold.
Fold one
flap slightly over the over flap and You now have a 3-D triangle. Glue
flaps in place.
Glue these two triangles together at the wide parts. Leaves a narrow end for
the
head and a narrow head for the tail. Take 1 sheet of the large construction
paper
what is it 12 x 16 I think??? Fold in half - Draw big wing like shape (check
in dino book
for correct shape - remember claw on end of wing) and cut out -can be another
color than two triangles. Or all could be dull colored but I prefer the neat
colors.
Cut a slit on the back of the dino and insert the fold of the wing - glue in
place. Curl wings slightly so that they arc abit and not droop.
Students now can decorate one end for head or can cut another square and make
a tiny tringle and glue in place. Cut out paper feet and decorate with paper
cutouts
or splotches of tempera. I hang these in the halls and they look really
super -
make sure students decorate belly of dino. These are neat as little dinos
that
sit on ones shoulder too. I love the little ones and they are fast to make.

Good luck. If my directions aren;t clear write and I will try to unmuddle
them.
Roberta