tip for acrylic paint

---------

From: Foell, Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange (Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 05:50:50 PDT

After many other attempts other ways, I found that putting a round toothpick
into the spout of the acrylic paint pumps (the ones like Chromacryl uses,
for instance on the 1/2 gal jugs) is the best way to keep them from clogging
up. You still get the goobers around the end, but those can be simply
removed with a paper towel (actually, I keep an old phone book on the paint
table and use sheets of it for simple tasks like this). I have the kids
trained well as to the shooting power of a clogged spout, but inevitably,
someone gets it bad at least once during the semester.

I have also found that a product called Lestoil (a household cleaner that is
difficult to find in a lot of areas--try ace hardwares) works wonders to get
acrylic paint out of clothes if the paint is fairly fresh. You have to catch
it early.

---