Re: free stuff in the art room

---------

BibelotsOutpost_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 22:45:45 PDT

In a message dated 4/28/2002 7:38:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
holl5@innova.net writes:
> A parent brought in telephone wire already stripped
> and cut into 3 foot lengths (perfect for making wire sculptures) enough
> wire for several years worth of projects. One section of wire, when it
> is stripped of the plastic has about 50 colored wires inside.

Can one just call the phone company to see if they have discards
they could donate? Or does one have to know someone?
I, too, sent a letter home to parents... but I didn't count
on all the time I spend sorting through bags of stuff (some of it not
washed out very well. ick) and finding places to stash it in some
kind of order. I also got yarn and fabric... but the yarn was snarled
beyond redemption, and the fabric was musty and wrinkled and
usually still sewn into a garment ~ so that means washing and
ripping, etc... some things I think I'd rather just buy!
I've managed to collect a number of metal OJ tops, any ideas on
what to use them for?
Thanks for suggestions!

---