To Pam Stephens

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 18:04:43 PDT

Pam –

I got your awesome Bridging book recently. I love the
advocacy section. I can’t wait to start getting
really involved in a local community.

I am trying to secure an art teaching position
currently, and wanted to become more of an advocate
for local schools who do not have art programs. I
considered forwarding the Shady Brooks report to a
couple of principals, but realized that if someone
asked for specifics, I would be a little stumped if
the discussion went beyond “interdisciplinary” and
“higher order thinking skills” to “how?” I guess I'm
trying to get past the buzz-words to the actual
classroom implementation.

Would you be willing to field questions and even point
out the ones I might overlook as I begin to research
some of the programs this summer?

I will be trying to find educators involved in the
Getty partnerships (and any other partnerships that
may be forming) on this listserv.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dawn in Houston