Re: I need sculpture lessons

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 14:52:18 PDT

Hi Wayne -

Here I am again, ready to send you to sites, with the
non-functioning links ( I think I shall get this
resolved this week)

http://hirshhorn.si.edu is cool
something I'd love to include would be this
interactive thing...
go to explore, then art interactive for online
activities

for the "story of modern sculpture" and the animal
resources I mentioned yesterday, (I just realized
they're somewhat difficult to find, sorry) go to
education, then teacher resources and then pick the
sample to see what its about.

not long ago someone posted this site
http://www.sculpture.org
type in curriculum in the search box, go to one of the
up close links, at the bottom menu select units of
study, extensions are also good.

I recently got a great book called Earthworks and
beyond by John Beardsley that I personally think would
be a great contribution to the sculpture curriculum.

I know someone who recently did a unit on Andy
Goldsworthy - I will speak to her about forwarding
some of the ideas to you, if you're interested.
I developed a lesson based on Duane Hanson and
stereotypes and how the media portrays teens. The
final product was not a sculpture, so it may not be
appropriate for you.

I am leaving my elementary level job to teach art next
year. I thought I would stay in elementary, but it
looks like I might end up with high school. Keep
asking questions about lesson planning - It has gotten
me very excited about teaching big kids.

Hope it helps - Dawn in Houston