Life size paper dolls

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 07:38:39 PDT

One year I had each of my advanced art students lay (or is it lie?) down on
a piece of brown craft paper, and I traced around them. They then worked
these drawings into realistic drawings using pencil and values. They were
wonderful. One hung in the guidance department for years. The "trick" to
making them terrific is to treat them as serious self portraits...no smiley
faces or cartoon faces, but real as real can get. The clothes were rendered
as well, and relied on the student's ability to make 'cloth' and texture.

San D

---