Re: I need lessons for wildlife painting and drawing

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 17:27:59 PDT

I was hoping to find some images of the work of
Melissa Miller online that you might be able to view.
There few and not my favorite...

One of Miller's statements: "Thematically, I wish my
paintings to depict the many facets and layers of life
and survival. of whichI am a constatnt and curious
observer. My abstract concerns demand that the
painting be treated, while in process, as a changing,
living organism, and that the brushstrokes themselves
ultimately serve as both form and content."

links to two works are at
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/miller_melissa

another painting is at http://www.moodyartgallery.com

watercolor - grey owls and spiral galaxies can be
found at artnet.com

I did run across 2 sites that might be helpful,
although I think the actual sites are geared to
younger studnets.

several 2-d artworks by various artists
http://www.amarilloart. org/kc_animals_together

sculpural works and lesson plans (and slides including
a work by M. Miller) at
http://hirshhorn.si.edu/education/animals/animals
that may be inspiring

I haven't been able to copy and paste sites since I
recently switched ISPs, so I'm not sure if these will
post as links.

Good Luck

Dawn in Houston