Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: I need lessons for wildlife painting and drawing

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 17:27:59 PDT

I was hoping to find some images of the work of
Melissa Miller online that you might be able to view.
There few and not my favorite...

One of Miller's statements: "Thematically, I wish my
paintings to depict the many facets and layers of life
and survival. of whichI am a constatnt and curious
observer. My abstract concerns demand that the
painting be treated, while in process, as a changing,
living organism, and that the brushstrokes themselves
ultimately serve as both form and content."

links to two works are at

another painting is at

watercolor - grey owls and spiral galaxies can be
found at

I did run across 2 sites that might be helpful,
although I think the actual sites are geared to
younger studnets.

several 2-d artworks by various artists
http://www.amarilloart. org/kc_animals_together

sculpural works and lesson plans (and slides including
a work by M. Miller) at
that may be inspiring

I haven't been able to copy and paste sites since I
recently switched ISPs, so I'm not sure if these will
post as links.

Good Luck

Dawn in Houston

--- Kathleen Shilson <> wrote:
> I am teaching wildlife painting next year at the
> high school.. does anybody have any ideas,
> suggestions or point me in the right direction..
> thanks to all for your help.
> Wayne S
> ---

Do You Yahoo!?