Re: WHY BARBEQUE SKEWERS?? LOL!

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 07:48:11 PDT

Several years ago I showed my students slides of my summer trip to France.
When I was explaining the brief history of Joan of Arc, I mentioned that she
was "burned at the stake." One of my serious first graders wanted to know
if the "steak" (in his mind) was well done or rare. So I took some time to
eplain the difference in the spelling and meaning of the same sounding
words. It was hard not to smile, though. Oh, those precious memories!

       Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
       in a Silly Saturday mood

O.K..now we're really getting silly! What the heck, a little more comic
relief... How about Barb on a Barb? We'll sell her impalled on a barb wire
fence...no blood or gore, just hang her on the barb..m-m-mmm..wonder what
she'll be wearing?!?

Susan on Long Island ---

---